2nd or GREEN IRISH HORSE
Originally 6th Horse, placed on Irish Establisnhment
in 1746 : became 5th Dragoon Guards in 1788, and in 1804,
5th (Princess Charlotte of Wales) Dragoon Guards.
5th January, 1757. Removed to CORK,
31st May, 1783. Cancelled 2nd July, 1818.
BARBADOES, West Indies.
6th June, 1822. Warrant sent in 1841.
SYDNEY, New South Wales.
Dispensation, 25th January, 1833 : Warrant, 28th July, 1884. Ulster Lodge. Warrant sent in 1885.
FORDSBURGH, Johannesburg, South Africa.
9th October, 1899. Lodge not constituted and warrant returned.
BELFAST, Ballynafeigh. 3rd March, 1900. Warrant surrendered, 1904
IRVINESTOWN, Co. Fermanagh.
9th December, 1909.
This Warrant is displayed at the Home Headquarters, 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards, The Castle, Chester. There is also unconfirmed report that the Warrant was captured by the French during the Penisular War, and the French also having a Lodge, returned the Warrant to the English Constitution where it found its way back to the Regiment.